Kidsport Financial Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
How does KidSport and the Roughnecks EvenStrength Program help?
- KidSport and the Roughnecks Even Strength program provide subsidies to low income families whose children are participating in Lacrosse through the Calgary District Lacrosse Association. No cost (gently used) equipment is also available through our partners at Comrie’s Sports Equipment Bank.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport- Roughnecks Evenstrength Program Grant?
- Kids aged 18 and under who are participating in Lacrosse are eligible to apply for a grant
- KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
- Families that are on low income, unemployed, on AISH or currently receiving income support through provincial government are all considered eligible.
- Grants are allocated for sport registration fees only; travel to competitions, uniforms or volunteer fees are not eligible for funding.
- A child can receive up to $375 in a calendar year. (Please note this total will include any other KidSport funding received for other programs)
What does a KidSport Roughnecks EvenStrength Program Grant cover?
- The Roughnecks EvenStrength Program provides financial support up to $375 per child, per calendar year towards the registration fees for Lacrosse.
- If the child needs equipment, you will receive a referral to Comrie’s Sport Equipment Bank, upon qualification. Please note we will be sharing your information (Child’s First and Last Name, along with the Parent/Guardian’s name only) with them so they can set up an appointment.
When is the deadline to apply?
- It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in a lacrosse program.
- Programs that have ended are not eligible for funding.
How to Apply:
1. Find a lacrosse program through the Calgary District Lacrosse Association your child would like to join and register him/her.
2. Ensure you use the KidSport - Roughnecks EvenStrength Program Application Form.
3. Complete Parent/Guardian Information, Child Information, and Income information.
4. Complete Lacrosse Program information after you have registered your child in the sport program (notify the lacrosse organization that you are requesting funds from KidSport).
5. Complete the Proof of Income section to verify your financial situation 6. Mail, fax or email your completed application to KidSport Calgary & Area Applications are reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Funds for approved applications are ready for the lacrosse club directly after the 25th of each month. You will receive an email confirming your application result. Please note incomplete applications will delay the process by a minimum of four (4) weeks.